This week, Megan has said our boxes will include:
- red curly kale
- summer squash
- sweet onions
- green onions & bulbless purple onions
- new potatoes
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Wash the lettuce to use for salads, so it’s ready to go.
- Planning on using the cabbage for coleslaw? Go ahead and shred it.
- Have salad dressings (homemade or bought) on hand
- Young summer squash is wonderful raw. Slice it along with cucumbers & carrots for snacks.
- Braise the kale to add to recipes or have as a ready-made side.
- Go ahead and clean your leeks so that they’re ready to go.
Here are some recipes to try!
15 Minute Sheet Pan Kale and Egg Bake (veg gf)
Vegan Kale Ceasar Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Avocado (veg gf v)
Farmers Market Kale Tacos (veg gf v)
Quick Cucumber Salsa (veg gf v)
Creamy Cucumber and Tomato Salad (veg gf)
Strawberry, Lime, Cucumber, and Mint Infused Water (veg gf v) – this would be great with peaches or melon.
Bacon Wrapped Scallions (gf)
Cornmeal Biscuits with Chorizo Gravy and Scallions
Mushroom and Scallion Frittata (veg gf)
Grilled Greens and Leek Tops with Chile-Garlic Sauce (veg gf v) – use kale instead of collards
Creamy Pappardelle with Leeks and Bacon
Sauteed Carrots and Leeks (veg gf)
Have a wonderful week everyone!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!