This week, our boxes include:
- red new potatoes
- baby beets
- mix of summer squash
- green cabbage
- green beans
- spring leeks
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Wash the lettuce you want to use for salads, so it’s ready to go.
- Roast the beets to have on hand
- Planning on using the cabbage for coleslaw? Go ahead and shred it.
- Have salad dressings (homemade or bought) on hand
- Young summer squash is wonderful raw. Slice it along with cucumbers for snacks. Steamed green beans are also great for dipping.
Here are some recipes to try!
Fennel Rice (veg gf v)
Turmeric Roasted Fennel, Chickpeas, and Kale Salad (veg gf v)
3-Ingredient Orecchiette with Sausage and Fennel
Have a wonderful week everyone!
gf: gluten free
If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk,honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!