This week, my box included:
- peppers, sweet
- summer squash
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Think about pre-chopping your onions. It’s nice to have them already done and ready to go. Or go ahead and caramelize a bunch of them for sandwich and pizza toppings.
- Slice up your cucumbers, carrots and sweet peppers for snacks.
- I just discovered this and it works! Most of the cucumbers I’ve gotten have been wonderfully non-bitter, but a couple were too bitter. I tried this trick and it worked. For real. Supposedly, it’s a method that they often use in India. Hack your cucumber!
- Megan’s tip on the melon: “They may be stored on the counter until sutures/lines on rind begin to turn a light yellow/green. Then, they need to be eaten or cut up (without rind) and stored in an airtight container in the fridge”.
- If you can’t use up your tomatoes soon enough, just pop them whole in the freezer. Come winter, I pull them out and rinse them under hot water which allows me to easily pull off the skin.
Here are some recipes to try!
Cucumber Cream Cheese Spread (veg gf)
Cucumber Sorbet (veg gf v)
Green Goddess Salad with Romaine, Cucumbers, and Avocado (gf)
Pasta with Grilled Eggplant, Smoky Tomato Sauce and Basil Walnut Pistou (veg gf v)
One-Pot Mushroom & Potato Curry (veg gf v)
Garlic Roasted Eggplant (veg gf)
Potatoes, Shrimp And Chorizo In A Tomato And Garlic Sauce (gf)
Parmesan Baked Potato Halves (veg gf)
Pan Fried Potatoes and Green Beans (veg gf v)
Spicy Cavatelli with Zucchini (veg gf)
Zucchini Cornbread (veg)
Low-Sugar and Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread Recipe with Blueberries and Pecans (veg)
Have a wonderful week everyone! Try to stay cool!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!