This week, my box included:
- purple beans
- mix of summer squash
- green onions
- new potatoes
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Wash the lettuce you want to use for salads, so it’s ready to go.
- Roast the beets to have on hand
- Planning on using the cabbage for coleslaw? Go ahead and shred it.
- Have salad dressings (homemade or bought) on hand
- Young summer squash is wonderful raw. Slice it along with cucumbers for snacks. Steamed green beans are also great for dipping.
- Cut up the cucumbers & cauliflower for snacks. Serve with dip.
Here are some recipes to try!
Fettuccine with Caramelized Onions and Swiss Chard (veg gf)
Curried Chickpeas Bowl with Turmeric Rice and Garlicky Chard (veg gf v)
Chard and Saffron Tart (veg)
Roasted Cauliflower with Medjool Dates, Olives, and Rosemary (veg gf v)
Maple-Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower (veg gf v)
5-Ingredient Baked Cauliflower Tots (veg)
Zucchini Latkes With Parmesan, Pine Nuts, and Basil Recipe (veg)
Fresh Basil Garlic Bread (veg)
Italian Mojitos (veg gf v)
Roasted Beet & Radish Salad with White Truffle Vinaigrette (veg gf)
Berry-and-Beet Green Smoothie (veg gf v)
Beet Hummus (veg gf v)
Have a wonderful week everyone!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!