This week, Megan has said our boxes will include:
- peppers, hot
- peppers, sweet
- summer squash
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Think about pre-chopping your onions. It’s nice to have them already done and ready to go.
- Slice up your cucumbers and sweet peppers for snacks.
- If needed, hack your cucumber!
- Think about cutting your watermelon up to have on hand for snacks.
- If you can’t use up your tomatoes soon enough, just pop them whole in the freezer. Come winter, I pull them out and rinse them under hot water which allows me to easily pull off the skin.
- I like to wash and cut the tip of my beans right away. That way they’re ready to go come dinner time.
Here are some recipes to try!
Eggplant With Lamb, Tomato and Pine Nuts (gf)
Mixed Grains with Roasted Eggplant, Pine Nuts & Raisins (veg gf v)
Tasty Baked Eggplant (veg)
Tomato-and-Okra Cornmeal Cakes (veg gf)
Vegan Gumbo (veg v)
Buttermilk-crusted okra with tomato and bread sauce (veg)
Slow Cooker Greek Rice with Red Bell Pepper, Feta, and Kalamata Olives (veg gf)
Indonesian Rice Salad (veg gf v)
Peppers Stuffed with Farro and Smoked Cheese (veg gf)
Greek Chicken and Potato Dinner (gf)
Grilled Fingerling-Potato Salad With Chipotle Bacon Vinaigrette (gf)
Crispy Potato Tacos (veg gf v)
Smothered Salsa Verde Burritos with Chipotle Zucchini and Pinto Beans (veg)
Balsamic Grilled Zucchini (veg gf v)
Grilled Zucchini Pizza (veg)
Heirloom Tomato, Zucchini, Caramelized Onion and Feta Galette (veg)
Indian-Spiced Marinated Tomatoes (veg gf v)
Marinated Eggplant and Tomatoes (veg gf v) – I would just sub in basil for the dill
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!