This week, our boxes include:
- sugar snap peas
- napa cabbage
- salad turnips with greens
- baby beets with greens
- arugula/salad mix
- garlic scapes
Ideas for Food Prep:
- As I say every week, you might think about braising some or all of your greens (kale, chard, turnip greens, beet greens). I always combine beet greens with chard because they’re so similar.
- Wash the lettuce you want to use for salads, so it’s ready to go.
- Cut up carrots, broccoli, turnips, and radishes to use for snacks
- Roast the beets to have on hand
- Have salad dressings (homemade or bought) on hand
- Go ahead and prep the fennel. Cut up the bulb, use the stalks in soup, chop of the fronds for salads or garnishes
Here are some recipes to try!
Sweet and Sour Roasted Napa Cabbage Wedges (veg gf v)
Asian Stuffed Napa Cabbage Rolls (gf)
Napa Cabbage Summer Rolls with Chicken & Spicy Peanut Sauce (gf)
SALAD TURNIPS WITH GREENS:
Farro Salad with Turnips and Green (veg v)
Roasted Hakurei Turnips with Israeli Couscous Salad (veg v)
Miso Glazed Hakurei Turnips (veg gf)
Spring Rolls with Spicy Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce (veg gf)
Sweet Hot Pickled Radishes (veg gf v)
Creamy Cucumber-Radish Salad (veg gf)
Arugula, Fennel, Apple, Mandarin Orange and Pomegranate Salad (veg gf v)
Pasta with Roasted Fennel and Lemon (veg)
Caramelized Fennel and Onion Pizza (veg)
SALAD GREENS (INCLUDING LETTUCE):
Tropical Pineapple Salad (veg gf v)
Southwestern Chopped Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing (gf)
Vegan Asian Lettuce Wraps (veg v)
Have a wonderful week everyone!
gf: gluten free
If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk,honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!