Sorry this is so late! We’re currently removing one layer of our kitchen floor and putting a new one down. Everything except the fridge is currently in our living room. Life has been more than hectic.
This week, my box included:
- peppers, sweet
- summer squash
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Think about pre-chopping your onions. It’s nice to have them already done and ready to go.
- Slice up your cucumbers and sweet peppers for snacks.
- I just discovered this and it works! Most of the cucumbers I’ve gotten have been wonderfully non-bitter, but a couple were too bitter. I tried this trick and it worked. For real. Supposedly, it’s a method that they often use in India. Hack your cucumber!
- Megan’s tip on the melon: “They may be stored on the counter until sutures/lines on rind begin to turn a light yellow/green. Then, they need to be eaten or cut up (without rind) and stored in an airtight container in the fridge”.
- If you can’t use up your tomatoes soon enough, just pop them whole in the freezer. Come winter, I pull them out and rinse them under hot water which allows me to easily pull off the skin.
- I like to wash and cut the tip of my beans right away. That way they’re ready to go come dinner time.
Here are some recipes to try!
Grilled Thai Green Bean Salad (veg gf v)
Spicy Grilled Squid and Green Bean Salad (gf)
Green Bean Potato Salad with Lemon-Soy Vinaigrette (veg gf v)
Cantaloupe Salad with Basil, Fresh Mozzarella & Onions (veg gf)
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca (veg gf v)
Crock Pot Vanilla Cantaloupe Jam (veg gf v)
Peppery Grilled Okra With Lemon-Basil Dipping Sauce (veg gf)
Okra Summer Salad (veg gf v)
Aloo Bhindi Bhujiya (Indian stir-fried okra and potato) (veg gf v)
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!