This week, Megan has said our boxes will include:
- peppers – green
- summer squash
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Wash the lettuce to use for salads, so it’s ready to go.
- Think about pre-chopping your onions. It’s nice to have them already done and ready to go. Or go ahead and caramelize a bunch of them for sandwich and pizza toppings.
- Have salad dressings (homemade or bought) on hand
- Slice up your cucumbers & carrots for snacks.
- Go ahead and clean your leeks so that they’re ready to go.
Here are some recipes to try!
Green Bean Salad with Corn, Cherry Tomatoes & Basil (veg gf v)
Vegetable Stir-fry with Garlic-Miso Sauce (veg gf v)
Homemade Three Bean Salad (veg gf v)
Grilled Corn and Chipotle Soup (veg gf)
Corn salsa (veg gf v)
Sagebrush Grilled Duck Breasts with Corn-Blackberry Salsa (gf)
Grilled Vegetables with Balsamic Vinegar (veg gf v)
Fettucine with Chicken and Bell Pepper Cream Sauce (gf)
Peppers With Lamb (gf)
Potatoes Sauteed With Garlic and Cilantro (veg gf v)
Potato, Porter Caramelized Onions & Beer Goat Cheese Tart (veg)
Grilled Potato Salad (veg gf v)
Have a wonderful week everyone!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!