- bok choy
- green onions
- peppers, hot
- peppers, sweet
- potatoes, sweet
- salad turnips with greens
- summer squash
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Roast the beets to have on hand
- Go ahead and pre-wash your arugula! Make sure you’ve got salad dressings on hand.
- Trim the greens off your radishes and turnips. Wash the greens, so they can be cooked spur of the moment. Or cook them and have them available to add to recipes.
- Wash the turnips and radishes to have on hand for snacks.
- I like to prebake some sweet potatoes to have on hand. They’re great for snacks, and it makes it easy to throw in things like salads and hashes.
Here are some recipes to try!
Turkey Panini Recipe with Apple, Cheddar & Arugula
Baked Frittata with Roasted Red Peppers, Arugula and Pesto (veg gf)
Lemon Arugula Pasta (veg gf)
Sweet Pepper Jelly (veg gf v)
Balsamic Sweet Pepper Pasta with Spinach and Parmesan (veg gf) – I’d sub in kale here
Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage and Eggs (gf)
Watermelon Radish, Orange & Goat Cheese Salad (veg gf) – would work great with regular radishes
Roasted Radishes with Soy Sauce and Sesame Seeds (veg gf v)
Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos with Spicy Pickled Radishes (gf)
Roasted Turnip, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad (veg gf)
Roasted Baby Turnips with Dijon-Shallot Vinaigrette and Tarragon (veg gf v)
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!