Here is some important information that you may need:
- If you are a Sustaining Member or you want to sign up for a 2016 winter share, please make your final payment of $250 by November 15.
- If you are not participating in the winter share, please bring your plastic bins as well as plastic bags to your last share pick up. I will bag veggies, and keep both your plastic bins until next season. Our last drop off will be Saturday, 11/19. If you pick up every-other-week, this may be your last week to pick up.
- Applications for returning members for next season are due 12/15/16. I emailed them out last week. If you did not receive one, I will have paper copies at pick up this week and next, or you can email me for one.
- We also have a small survey for members to fill out. In general, I feel like we have a good idea from year to year the changes that members would like us to make, but there are a few questions that we have for this coming season.
- We will begin taking new members in early December. If you do not plan to return, please let us know so that we can return your bin deposit and also so that we can notify anyone who is interested in a share for next season.
This week’s share: sweet potatoes, stone-ground heirloom “TN Red Cob” cornmeal (we grind it on the farm on a mill that is designated just for cornmeal; it is gluten-free), “Lorz Italian” garlic, head lettuce, choice of bunched green, choice of salad green. one bunch mild mustards, one bunch spinach, leafy broccoli shoots, carrots, jalapeños, and a choice of herb.
An easy mustard green recipe: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/mustard-greens-pesto-on-pasta-with-shiitake-mushrooms-and-smoked-mozzarella