This week, Megan has said our boxes will include:
- onions, red heirloom and sweet white
- peppers – green
- summer squash
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Wash the lettuce to use for salads, so it’s ready to go.
- Think about pre-chopping your onions. It’s nice to have them already done and ready to go. Or go ahead and caramelize a bunch of them for sandwich and pizza toppings.
- Have salad dressings (homemade or bought) on hand
- Slice up your cucumbers & carrots for snacks.
- Go ahead and clean your leeks so that they’re ready to go.
Here are some recipes to try!
Roasted Carrots With Turmeric and Cumin (veg gf)
Easy Make-Ahead Carrot and Chickpea Salad With Dill and Pumpkin Seeds (veg gf v)
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies (veg gf)
Slow Cooker Stuffed Green Pepper Soup (gf)
Leftover Spaghetti Skillet with Tomatoes and Green Peppers (veg gf) – use fresh tomatoes
Green Pepper and Tomato Salad (veg gf v)
Havarti Soufflé with Scallions and Dill (veg)
Spinach, Chive, and Yogurt Soup with Grilled Scallions (veg)
Herb Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs (veg gf)
Roasted Tomato Soup (veg gf)
Pasta with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Ricotta and Pesto (veg gf)
Grain Free Tomato Tart (veg gf)
Have a wonderful week everyone!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!