- peppers, sweet
- salad greens
Ideas for Food Prep:
- Think about pre-chopping your onions. It’s nice to have them already done and ready to go.
- Slice up your sweet peppers for snacks.
- Think about cutting your watermelon up to have on hand for snacks.
- If you can’t use up your tomatoes soon enough, just pop them whole in the freezer. Come winter, I pull them out and rinse them under hot water which allows me to easily pull off the skin.
- Go ahead and pre-wash your salad greens so they’re ready to go! Make sure you’ve got salad dressings on hand.
Here are some recipes to try!
Pineapple, Greens and Tofu with Roasted Chile-Coconut Dressing (gf)
Green Goddess Buckwheat Salad – sub in greens for arugula and other veg for peas (veg gf)
How to Make Vinaigrette (and Dress Your Salad Right) (veg gf v)
Rosy Chicken (gf)
Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic, and Basil (veg gf)
Roasted Tomato Cobbler with Caramelized Onions and Blue Cheese Biscuits (veg)
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
gf: gluten free
Please read! If a recipe can very easily be made vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free using simple substitutes like non-dairy spread, vegetable stock, gluten free pasta, gluten free soy sauce or a small amount of gluten free flour, or by leaving out an ingredient, I’ve coded them with that in mind. If they include things like mayonnaise, eggs, milk, honey or large quantities of flour, I haven’t coded them as such. I don’t have experience using things like egg substitute, non-dairy cheese or subbing in gluten-free flours. Please double check the ingredients for your own safety!